Financial Stress Survey
Answer Each Question
with a 1 - 5:
describes me, I’m great in this area.
describes me, 75% of the time.
describes me 50% of the time
describes me 25% of the time
is NOT ME but I wish it was!
- I am confident that I can pay my monthly
- I am satisfied with how I spend my money
- I have the resources to meet non- routine
expenses such as medical copays, new tires, gifts, home repairs, etc. without
use of debt unless it exceeds$2000.
- I am saving for upcoming expenses such as
vacations, repairs, etc.so I can meet those non-routine expenses.
- I believe that I have an efficient and
effective debt reduction plan
- I have a good credit score and am happy with
my interest rates
- I am using debt effectively such as for homes
or major purchases such ascars vs. routine expenses.
- I will have all my debt including my mortgage
paid off by my retirement date.
- I attend to my bills and financial tasks in a
- I am knowledgeable and effective or have
resources I can trust in evaluating financial issues as comparing insurance,
selecting benefits, refinancing decisions, etc.
- My paperwork is organized and available to my
executor/financial power of attorney
- I have appropriate legal documents reviewed
within 5 years
- I am adequately protected for medical costs
including long term care
- I am adequately protected in case of a short
or long-term disability of myself or a partner
- I am adequately protected in case of a death
so others will not suffer.
- I am adequately protected in case of the
death of a partner/parent/other.
- I am adequately protected from loss of property
Overall Satisfaction / Stress
- I am satisfied with what I am getting from my
money and labor.
- I am confident that I can achieve my goals
barring unusual circumstances
- Worry about financial issues is infrequent. I
feel in control of my financial life
- I do not have any concerns that the financial
situation of others I love will significantly impact me.
- I am comfortable with the amount of time that
I spend on managing my finances
If in a Partnership
- My partner and I are both aware of the
details of our financial situation.
- Either of us could manage the day to day
- We are in agreement on spending
- We are in agreement on our financial
- Financial issues are not impacting our
0 – 24 Major tasks that impact your financial
security and success are not being addressed satisfactorily. Whether
it’s lack of knowledge, lack of resources, lack of time or lack of desire, you have
something that is blocking you from “taking care of business” which can lead to
real financial problems at some point. We can help you figure out ways around
your stumbling blocks to taking control of your financial life and prevent
24 – 47 Some of the major tasks are not being
addressed. You have some positive habits and are
addressing many of your important tasks. However, you recognize that some of
your tasks aren’t getting addressed or they are taking too much time. We may be
able to help you quickly get on top of those tasks that are not being
48 – 60 You know what to do and most likely
have the skills and discipline to complete the tasks. A
personalized financial plan will help you see if you are on track to meet your
future goals and identify any risk management gaps you may have. Even if you
have an investment manager, they may not be look at all these areas. Set up a
consultation if you would like to discuss whether we can help you streamline
the time it takes to stay on top of your money or have a professional review your
Everybody has some areas of their financial
lives that work really well, but sometimes there are areas that aren’t getting
addressed. You may have some tasks you either don’t know how to do, don’t like
doing or both! Our program makes it easier and typically takes less time
because everything you need is included!
is to help you take control of your money… which means getting on top of the
tasks that will improve your financial fitness.
Last updated January 5, 2021