Wednesday, May 25, 2022,
6:00 PM -
Learn How You Can Protect Yourself!
Identity theft strikes a new victim every two seconds and is one of America's fastest growing crimes.
- There were nearly 1.4 million reported cases of identity theft in 2020, with nearly one-third of those having been victims of identity theft before
- Identity theft increased 53% from 2019 to 2020
- Married women are the most common victims of identity theft
- Identity thieves used other people’s information to defraud state and federal government agencies out of an estimated $200-$500 billion last year.
There are many ways you use sensitive information every day. How do thieves get your information? How can you tell if you are a victim of Identity Theft? This workshop will teach you what to be aware of and how to protect yourself from identity theft:
- What is Identity Theft?
- How do thieves steal your information?
- Be aware of some common scams out there!
- How to avoid ID theft!
To make a reservation follow the QR code below or call the library at 607-776-4613.:
101 West Morris Street
Bath, New York 14810
Last updated April 15, 2022