How To Buy Local
How to eat locally produced food?
County farm guide
- Contact and buy food directly from local farms.
- Ask your favorite farmers which local restaurants
they provide food to, and eat there!
- Look for local food options at your favorite
- Seek out locally produced food at your grocery
- Read labels to learn where your food was
produced. The closer the better!
- Buy foods in season. Use the Harvest Calendar in the Steuben
County Farm Guide to see what is in season.
- Hunt and fish in Steuben County!
- Check with NYS Department of Environmental
for hunting and fishing regulations, where to obtain licenses, and where
to hunt and fish.
- For recipes, visit the Wild Harvest Table website [http://www.wildharvesttable.com/].
your own food
- Enjoy local food all year long! Learn how to
preserve food through freezing, canning, or dehydrating; look for classes
offered by Cornell Cooperative Extension.
- Be safe by using the most current food
preservation methods available.
Cooperative Extension, Steuben County
Pulteney Square East, Bath, NY 14810
Last updated June 24, 2015